Image Map

Saturday, October 15, 2016

Roots





If you're an African living abroad I'm sure you've had to explain at least once that Africa is a continent that has different countries with different languages and different cultures. I actually don't take offense when people ask me this question because I personally don't know everything about every single continent or country in the world. Recently as I was online reading random stuff I happened to see a post on   Style Yetu about an amazing Congolese Designer's new line and the title just got me thinking. There is so much undiscovered talent in Africa, as we keep growing and as much as we would like the world to recognize us, its important to support our own. They say 'Charity begins at home" and I believe it.






 Back to the post, when it comes to African prints I'm usually very cautious on how I style them because most of the times the boldness of the print speaks for itself. With this look I wanted the skirt to stand out, that's why I went with a black top and shoes.



Top~ Forever 21 | Skirt ~ Maasai Market (Nairobi, Kenya) | Purse ~ Steve Madden | Heels ~ Asos







Have a lovely weekend :*

Love & God Bless
ww

No comments :

Post a Comment